EMPLOYERS AND WORK
At Push Legal Services, we acknowledge that the marketplace for business is worldwide and that people’s movement across the world is paramount to their rate of success and growth. We pride ourselves with vast experience of over a decade in rendering necessary assistance to all forms of businesses, from multinational corporations to start-ups, with recruiting or transferring their employees from across world.
It is important to understand how the points based system works (“PBS”) and what it means for you as United Kingdom based employers employing migrant workers and educational institutions teaching migrants. The points-based system only covers migrants from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. Although there are some restrictions on nationals of countries that have recently joined the EEA.
Under the current system, migrants will need to pass a points-based assessment before they are given permission to enter or remain in the United Kingdom. The system consists of five tiers. Each tier has different points’ requirements. The number of points the migrant needs and the way the points are awarded will depend on the tier they are applying under. Points will be awarded to reflect the migrant’s ability, experience, age and when appropriate the level of need within the sector the migrant will be working.
The Role of the Sponsor
Migrants applying under any tier except tier 1 will need to be sponsored in order for their application to be successful. If a United Kingdom organisation wishes to recruit a migrant under tiers 2, 4 or tier 5: Temporary Workers they will have to apply to the Home Office for a sponsor licence.
Under tiers 2 and 5: Temporary Workers, the sponsor will need to be a United Kingdom based employer. Under tier 4, the sponsor will need to be a United Kingdom based educational institution.
Migrants wishing to come to the United Kingdom under Tier 5: Youth Mobility does not require a United Kingdom based employer. Call us now on 0333 0124 253
The Five Tier System
The points-based system consists of five tiers. Please go to our section of the same heading for further information and guidance. In summary these tiers are:
- Tier 1 – highly skilled workers
- Tier 2 – skilled workers with a job offer
- Tier 3 – low skilled workers filling specific temporary labour shortages
- Tier 4 – students
- Tier 5 – youth mobility and temporary workers.
Through solid expertise and dedication, our qualified immigration lawyers at Push Legal Services boost of unequalled and unrivalled ability to provide quick delivery, prompt, stress-free and practical advice to corporate gurus like senior management, Human Resources personnel and in-house counsel in respect to all their General and Intra-Company Transfer visas, as well as sponsor licence and Sponsor Management System matters.
From practical experience, corporate immigration law are difficult to go by because of its complexity and procedural pitfalls which often pose a threat to business plans that may disrupt the plans. Therefore we not only provide day-to-day advice to clients, but also long term strategic planning to minimise problems and delays.
Our Corporate immigration services consist of the following:
- Sponsor licence applications: Applying on behalf of a UK entity or a UK branch of a multinational entity, for the mandatory sponsor licence required to employ non-European workers. Sponsors are expected to take responsibility for making sure that migrants comply with their immigration conditions, by keeping records on each migrant, and reporting any changes to the Home Office, such as if they do not turn up for work besides others. A licence can be ‘downgraded’ if sponsors do not comply with their duties or even withdrawn. Call us now on 0333 0124 253.
- Work permits: Advising on and issuing work permits (‘Certificates of Sponsorship‘) on behalf of UK entities, or a UK branch of a multinational entity, in order to permit the employment of non-European workers. Sponsors are responsible for assigning certificates of sponsorship to migrants. As well as having a certificate of sponsorship, migrants must also pass a points-based assessment to come to or stay in the United Kingdom. These certificates will be restricted (for overseas applicants) or restricted (applicants from within the UK). Call us now on 0333 0124 253
- Work visa applications: Applying for General and Intra-Company Transfer entry and extension visas on behalf of non-European workers seeking to work in the UK, as well as applications for settlement and British citizenship on behalf of workers. Call us now on 0333 0124 253
- Immigration Audit & Compliance: Advising on the full range of immigration compliance matters, including illegal working. It is important, before submitting an application that you have good human resource systems and compliance in place to allow you to monitor and keep records of the migrants you employ or teach. The Home Office will give your systems a ranking before they grant you a licence. We can offer you an extra consultancy service to ensure your human resources systems are prepared for a UKBA compliance visit. Call us now on 0333 0124 253
- Representative of an overseas business: Applying for sole representative visas on behalf of a senior employee of an overseas entity seeking to come to the UK to set up a UK branch, or a wholly owned subsidiary, of the parent entity. Call us now on 0333 0124 253
- Business visit visas: Advising on and applying for visas on behalf of business visitors. Call us now on 0333 0124 253
Leave to Remain / Entry Clearance for the Foreign National Worker.
Migrants will need permission to come to the United Kingdom or leave to remain from within the UK before being allowed to commence work for the sponsored employer. This is a separate application, in addition to securing the sponsor licence, issuing the Certificate of Sponsorship and then applying for leave to remain / enter. It is essential that leave to remain or entry clearance be secured. Call us now on 0333 0124 253
Why Choose Push Legal Services?
- You pay affordable and Fixed Fee so you stay in control.
- You receive direct access to qualified lawyers with in-depth experience.
- We do all the work for you so you know exactly what you need to do secure a licence and prepare for a UKBA compliance visit for you
- Direct access to qualified lawyers – with in-depth experience
- Experts who can get the application right the first time
- Consultation with a specialist lawyer to assess your eligibility, avoid disappointment and wasted fees.
- Excellent contacts so that should your business have any additional needs or require advice, we can help point you in the right direction without any obligation.
- Wealth of experience and knowledge as to the best way forward for you and your family.
To find out more about how we can help you, contact us on 0333 0124 253, or via fax on 0330 0249 214. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like us to call you back, please complete the online Contact Form and we will get in touch at a time that suits you.
GET IN TOUCH WITH A LAWYER
Enquire Now And Get 20 minutes Free Consultation Directly From A Lawyer.